When it comes to cooking and baking with honey, there’s just so much to it than we might have known. Check out the chart below and you’ll know that honey is more than what we can make into a drink.
Here’s a Rustic Loaf bread recipe that is just simply flavourful and healthy as there’s totally no refined sugar added.
Rustic Loaf Recipe
(This was made in a bread maker)
250gm Bread Flour
50gms Whole Wheat Flour
¼ tsp Salt
1½ tsp Instant Yeast
1 Tbsp Huiji Honey
210ml warm water
2 tsp Rolled Oats (or instant oats, optional)
20gms of Crushed Walnut
1) Dissolve Huiji honey in warm water and set it aside
2) Add all the wet ingredients into the bread pan followed by all the dry ingredients (except rolled oats and crushed walnut) leaving the yeast to be the last (Try not to let the yeast come in contact with water at this point in time).
3) Select the dough function of the bread maker and allow the machine to knead the dough according to the cycle. At the 15th minute mark, add in the rolled oats and crushed walnut.
4) After the first proofing is done punched down the air bubbles and gently roll the dough into a smooth ball
5) Cover the dough with a cling wrap or a tea towel and allow it to rest for 15mins
6) Uncover the dough and shape it into your desired loaf design/shape
7) Cover the dough once again with the cling wrap and let it proof for a second time for approximately 40 minutes
8) 10 minutes before the proofing cycle is complete, preheat oven to 200C
9) Before sending the dough into the oven, use a sharp paring knife to make a few slits on the dough according to your preference.
10) Spray lots of water on the surface of the dough before baking
11) 10 minutes after the dough has been placed into the oven, turn the temperature down to 180C bake for 25-30mins (watch the surface of the bread)
12) Mid way through the baking process, open up the oven door and give the sides, top & bottom of the oven a few good spray of water (this will give a nice crispy crust to the bread)
This loaf makes a wonderful companion to soups and salads. You may also eat it on its own as it’s tasty enough.
Besides using honey as an ingredient in bread, you might also like to explore the following recipes to add onto your recipe collection –
Benefits of Honey
Every now and then we will hear how honey as a natural ingredient has many health benefits. Here are 7 of them :-
A No-Spill Packaging From Huiji Honey
Handling honey can become a messy affair due to its sticky nature. Huiji has recognised this woe and has come up with a special cap design for its bottles. It ensures that each squeeze leaves no residue on the cap and allows you to use the exact amount of honey you need. What better way to enjoy all these benefits of honey with the convenience of the no-spill bottle by Huiji!
We love that the bottle is very versatile and can be reused for other purposes like an oil or sauce dispenser. Efficient and environmental friendly!
Huiji Honey is a pure concentrated form of honey and it boasts a jasmine flower scent. It is made from pure natural raw honey with exceptional quality and high nutrients.
Huiji honey is selling at a very affordable price of $8.50 for 1kg size and $4.95 for 500g size. Find it stocked at all leading supermarkets including Fairprice, Fairprice Finest, Fairprice Xtra, Giant, OG, Prime and Sheng Siong.
Huiji Honey Giveaway!!
We are giving away 5 Huiji Honey product hampers! Each hamper consists of $50 worth of Huji Honey products :
• 4 bottles of 1kg Huiji Honey
• 2 boxes of Huiji Fruity Lite Extra 12s
Here is what you will have to do to stand a chance to win:
1) Submit your entry via the Rafflecopter entry form below.
2) Like & Share the Facebook post of the giveaway
Submit your entry via Rafflecopter below and stand to win! Good luck to one and all!
*Contest is open to all Singapore residents!
Disclaimer : This is a sponsored post. Product attributes mentioned are provided by Huiji. Opinions are 100% our own.