Always tell the truth, keep to your promises, work hard, be kind, do your best, be grateful, don’t whine, stay calm, be smart and be proud of yourself. All of us grew up with most of these words constantly told to us by our parents, loved ones, caretakers and educators. Now as a mother, these values are taught to my children.
Of course there are good and bad hair pulling days but it all does work out after one-to-one talks and reassurance of love at the end.
Good behaviour in the following days then ensues and with good spirit there is always cake!
The good old Banana Cake is a sure hit every time and is the family’s favourite. It’s really easy to bake at home too! Here is a step-by-step photo guide. Recipe is included at the bottom of the post.
This recipe will yield you a beautiful moist Banana Cake that is so delicious to eat!
Did you know about this brand of fresh milk in town? It is by Greenfields whose whipping cream I have been using for years. I used their fresh milk for this Banana Cake. My children love their Chocolate Malt too!
Product Information from Greenfields
Greenfields produces Honest Milk that comes from their own scientifically-sourced and managed herd and does not include additives, chemicals, antibiotics and hormones – just all natural honest milk. To sure optimal freshness and the highest quality, Greenfields milk is produced; single- pasteurised and packed within the dairy.
And Oh! .. I have to but forgot .. to add ‘(in moderation)’ after ‘Eat Cake’ in the post title. *winks*
Recipe for Banana Cake
3 to 4 ripe medium-sized bananas, mashed
2 Tbsp olive oil
150g caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
5 Tbsp warm milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
240g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1) Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Butter and flour a Bundt baking tin.
2) Mash up bananas, leaving some bite-size chunks. It should not be too soggy.
3) Beat butter, olive oil and sugar together in a mixing bowl, at medium speed, till pale and creamy.
4) Add eggs gradually, beating well with each addition.
5) Add in mashed bananas, milk and vanilla extract. Beat well to combine.
6) Gently fold in half the flour mixture into the creamed mixture with a spatula.
7) Add the remaining half until all the flour is combined.
8 Gently pour the done mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 17 to 20 mins or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
9) Cool cake in tin for 15mins. Then unmould by turning over the tin down onto a wire rack to cool completely. Shake to loosen if you have to.
Greenfields milk is available at leading supermarkets and 7-11 convenient stores. Fresh Milk, High Calcium Low Fat, High Calcium Skimmed milk and Chocolate Malt comes in 1 litre packs (S$3.25). Fresh milk 200ml packs and Chocolate Malt 200ml packs -only in 7-11 convenient stores (S$1.50). Fresh Milk, High Calcium Low Fat also comes in 2 litres bottle (S$5.95).
Disclaimer : This is a sponsored post. Product attributes mentioned are provided by Greenfields. Opinions are 100% my own.