We love our Philips Avance XL Airfryer, and we love the magic it could wield. It will deliver the tastiest food and snacks without oil. Besides frying without oil, it could be used to roast, grill, bake and gratinate!
It is really a rather low maintenance appliance and here’s how you could clean and care for it.
Cleaning the pan & the basket
1) Let the appliance cool down for approximately 30 minutes before cleaning
2) If food residues are stuck to the bottom of the basket, remove the pan & basket and soak the basket in the pan with hot water and some detergent for 10-15 minutes before washing. You may use a soft to medium bristle brush to brush the basket. Do not use metal kitchen utensils or abrasive cleaning materials to clean the basket and pan as that may damage the non-stick coating.
3) Watch this short video clip on how to clean and maintain the Airfryer. This works the same for all models of the Airfryers.
Preventing food residues from being stuck
1) This is a common problem that most of us face when using the Airfryer. You may layer a piece of baking paper or aluminium foil at the bottom of the basket before adding food (see photo below). Do ensure that the baking paper or the aluminium foil do not fill up the entire area of the basket as this will block the circulation of the hot air.
2) Alternatively, you may also grease the mesh of the basket lightly all over before adding the prepared ingredients.
To reduce the smell of food left behind on the Airfryer
When you cook ingredients that have a strong smell, it might stick to the appliance. Make sure you clean the pan, the basket and the grill area after use.
If the Airfryer continues to smell after cleaning, you may neutralize the smell with some lemon. Here’s how –
1) Cut a lemon in half and put it in the basket or fill the bottom of the pan with a bit of lemon juice
2) Leave the lemon or lemon juice in the appliance for 20-30 minutes, without switching the appliance on.
3) Rinse the pan with water and some dish washing detergent.
It really isn’t that difficult to clean and maintain the Airfryer isn’t it? With the Airfryer, you can make nearly anything and fast, in addition, hassle free maintenance. You’ve really got to get one to try it some time!
Just for Munch Ministry readers!
Cook with Air today! Quote [Munch Ministry] and buy the Viva Digital Airfryer at $399 (Usual price: $459), FREE $50 SHOPPING VOUCHER and Avance XL Airfryer at $479 (Usual price: $539), FREE $50 SHOPPING VOUCHER at the PHILIPS EXPERIENCE SHOWROOM. This promotion is valid from 1st December till 31st January 2014.
PHILIPS EXPERIENCE SHOWROOM
Address: 620A Lorong 1 Toa Payoh Building TP4 Level 1 S(319762)
Tel: 6882 5800
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday: 9.00 am – 7.00 pm Saturday: 9.00 am – 1.00 pm.
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.
The Philips Avance Collection Airfryer XL with Rapid Air technology (S$539) is available in stores in December 2013 at leading electronics and departmental stores.
Disclaimer : This is an advertorial post. Product attributes are provided by Philips. Opinions are 100% my own.