This is my 1st contribution of “My Dinner Under 1hr”.
2 Dish + 1 Soup in < 60 minutes!
We have Vegetable (Water Cress), Pork, Fish, Soup!
1. Make the soup as it takes 1 hour
2. Followed by the mince pork
3. Saba is the last as its very fast in the oven for 10 minutes
Ingredient (For 4)
2 bunch of Watercress
A handful of Conpoy
1 Chicken bone (Keep the Meat for stir fry or Stew)
3L of water
A handful of Wolfberries
1. Soak the dried scallops and wolfberries
2. Boil 3L water and add in a pot with scallops
3. Scald the chicken bone in hot water and add to pot
4. Separate the stem from the leaves of Watercress and add the stem to pot.
5. Under low heat, simmer for 45 minutes.
6. After 45 minutes, remove the stems and you can either set aside to serve or throw them
7. Add in the leaves and wolfberries and continue to simmer for 15 minutes
Ingredients (For 4)
300g minced pork
2 Chinese mushrooms, soak in water till soft, finely chopped
2 Water chestnuts, finely chopped
1 thumb-sized piece of salted fish, rinse and cut into small pieces
1 Tsp grated ginger
Some shredded ginger
Some chopped spring onion (garnish)
2 Tsp soy sauce
1 Tsp cooking wine
1 Tsp sesame oil
1/2 Tsp sugar
Dash of pepper
1 Tbsp water
1 Tsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp cooked shallot oil (to drizzle on top before steaming)
1. Mix the minced pork with the seasonings.
2. Stir in the chopped mushrooms, water chestnuts, half the salted fish and grated ginger.
3. Spread and press the meat patty evenly into a plate. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
4. Sprinkle the remaining salted fish and shredded ginger on top of the meat patty. Drizzle with shallot oil.
5. Steam on high for about 10 minutes.
6. Garnish with chopped spring onion and serve immediately.
Bake Saba (Spanish Mackerel)
Ingredient(For 4 if each have half fillet, For 2 if each have 1fillet)
2 Mackerel (saba) fillets
Extra Virgin Olive oil
Pinch Sea salt and black pepper
1 Lemon, cut to wedges
1. Using your hands, spread drops of extra virgin olive oil over the mackerel skin.
2. Season the skin only with Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
3. Place mackerel fillets skin side up on a roasting pan.
4. Bake the fillets at preheated oven of 200°C for 10 minutes.
5. Before serving, Squeeze lemon juice over the hot crackling skin.
*Recipe and photos courtesy of John Cheong, a member of Munch Ministry. You may find more recipes by John at his personal blog Papa Cheong’s ????(click on his blog link)