- 3 stalk lemongrass, white section
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 250ml coconut milk
- 5 whole chicken leg
Spice Paste, process till fine :
- 15 shallots
- 5 dried chillies, soaked to soften
- 6 cloves garlic
- 7 candlenuts
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 inch turmeric
- 1/2 inch galangal
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground fennel
- Heat 5 tbsp oil in wok, add spice paste and saute till fragrant, for about 10-15mins.
- Add in chicken, lemongrass & kaffir lime leave and stir to mix.
- Add in coconut milk and bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 10mins till gravy thickens. Stirring occasionally to prevent scorching at the base.
- Transfer mixture into a oven proofed casserole and bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 30mins, stirring twice in between.
- Best serve next day for flavour to infuse. Cool completely before chilling.
- The next day, thaw the dish to room temperature, place the chicken on a baking sheet and bake at preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 30mins. Warm the extra gravy over stove and serve with the chicken and Nasi Hujan Panas (Rainbow Rice)