- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 3 stalk lemongrass, white section
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 250ml coconut milk
- 5 whole chicken leg
Spice Paste, process till fine :
- 15 shallots
- 5 dried chillies, soaked to soften
- 6 cloves garlic
- 7 candlenuts
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 inch turmeric
- 1/2 inch galangal
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground fennel
- Heat 5 tbsp oil in wok, add spice paste and saute till fragrant, for about 10-15mins.
- Add in chicken, lemongrass & kaffir lime leave and stir to mix.
- Add in coconut milk and bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 10mins till gravy thickens. Stirring occasionally to prevent scorching at the base.
- Transfer mixture into a oven proofed casserole and bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 30mins, stirring twice in between.
- Best serve next day for flavour to infuse. Cool completely before chilling.
- The next day, thaw the dish to room temperature, place the chicken on a baking sheet and bake at preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 30mins. Warm the extra gravy over stove and serve with the chicken and Nasi Hujan Panas (Rainbow Rice)
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe