Black Sesame Chiffon Cake2012-04-15
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
28cm tube pan
95g egg yolks (about 5 eggs-medium size)
25g caster sugar
80g veg oil
50g fresh milk
100g cake flour, sieved
3/4 baking powder, sieved
20g black sesame powder (I feel this portion can be increased to 30g to get more sesame aroma)
240g egg whites (about 7 eggs-medium size)
110g caster sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
Prep and Cooking Instructions
1. Cream ingredient (A) till change pale yellow colour.
2. Add in ingredient (B), corn oil first then add in milk and water, mix well.
3. Fold in ingredient (C) , mix well and set aside.
4. Beat egg whites (D) in a clean large bowl until soft foam. Add in cream of tartar. Gradually add in sugar and beat till stiff peaks form.
5. Spoon about 1/3 egg white mixture and fold to mix well with egg yolk mixture. Gently fold in the balance egg whites mixture into the egg yolk mixture,until well combined
6. Bake at preheated oven at 170c for 45minutes. Invert the pan and wait till completely cool, then only unmould it.
Submitted by Fion Lim, a Munch Ministry member.
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe