Braised Claypot Frog Legs with Ginger and Scallions -Jiang Cong Tian Ji2012-07-27
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 40m
- 4 frogs skinned, washed and chopped into parts
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 1 inch ginger sliced very thinly (long thin sticks)
- 2 cloves of garlic bruised
- 1/2 tsp of black rice vinegar
- 1 tsp of dark soy sauce (add more if you prefer a darker colour to your sauce)
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp of Chinese rice wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- scallions sliced to 1″ length
- Marinade the frog parts with A for about half hour.
- Heat oil in a wok and saute the ginger and garlic till fragrant.
- Add the frog parts and stir fry for 1 min at medium heat.
- Add C to the wok and continue to fry for another min
- Add D. Water should partially cover the frog parts and allow to simmer on low heat for about 5 mins.
- Transfer to claypot, add scallions towards the last 2 mins of simmering. If simmer for too long, scallions will turn very soggy and brown. If you are serving later, add the scallions when heating up before serving.
***Becareful not to overcook the frog legs else they will be rubbery and tough.
*** Serve with plain porridge or steam rice.
Average Member Rating
(2 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe