– 4 frogs skinned, washed and chopped into parts
– 1 tbsp corn starch
– 1 tsp sesame oil
– 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
– 2 tbsp of oil
– 1 inch ginger sliced very thinly (long thin sticks)
– 2 cloves of garlic bruised
– 1/2 tsp of black rice vinegar
– 1 tsp of dark soy sauce (add more if you prefer a darker colour to your sauce)
– 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
– 1 tbsp of Chinese rice wine
– Salt and pepper to taste
– scallions sliced to 1″ length
– Marinade the frog parts with A for about half hour.
– Heat oil in a wok and saute the ginger and garlic till fragrant.
– Add the frog parts and stir fry for 1 min at medium heat.
– Add C to the wok and continue to fry for another min
– Add D. Water should partially cover the frog parts and allow to simmer on low heat for about 5 mins.
– Transfer to claypot, add scallions towards the last 2 mins of simmering. If simmer for too long, scallions will turn very soggy and brown. If you are serving later, add the scallions when heating up before serving.
***Becareful not to overcook the frog legs else they will be rubbery and tough.
*** Serve with plain porridge or steam rice.