- Servings : 4-5
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 1m
- Ready In : 0m
Ingredients for Chicken
1 medium chicken
Enough water to cover the chicken
1 cucumber (remove skin and cut lengthwise)
Some spring onion for garnish
1/2 tsp salt
1) Wash chicken and remove the fats at the buttock (keep the fats aside). Rub chicken with salt and marinate for 15 mins
2) Boil water in a large pot, add chicken breast down and ensure the chicken submerge in the water completely
3) Bring water to the boil again, cover with lid and turn the heat down to a very low and simmer for about 30 mins. Turn chicken over and simmer another 10 mins. Remove the lid once you turn your chicken over.
4) Remove chicken and soak it into a basin of cold tap water. Until it is completely cool
5) Chop and serve garnished with cucumber and spring onion.
Ingredients for Chicken Rice
2 cups of rice
Enough chicken stock to cook rice
2 tbsp oil
3 cloves of garlic (peeled)
2 shallots (peeled)
1/2 tsp salt
1) Wash rice, drain and set aside
2) Blend garlic and shallots till fine.
3) Heat oil in a wok and add blended garlic & shallots. Fry to fragrant but not brown. Stir in rice with fire turn off.
4) Transfer rice in a rice-cooker add salt and enough water to cook rice. Cook till rice completely cooked.
Ingredients for Chillies Paste :
15 fresh chillies
15 chilly padi
1 thumb size ginger
1/2 cup boiling chicken stock
1 tsp vinegar
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
Blend 2 type of chillies with shallots and garlic till very fine.
Scoop the blended ingredients into a bowl, add a little boiling chicken stock and all remaining ingredients cool and leave for at least 1 hour before serving… you test it if not enough sour or salt adjust accordingly.
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe