- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 1.5kg fresh clams, soaked & rinsed thoroughly b4 used
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 125gm back bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500gm potato, peeled & cubed
- 150gm carrots, peeled & cubed
- 1 1/4 cup fish stock
- 2 cups milk
- 100ml whipping cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place cleaned clams in a pot with 1 cup water. Simmer, covered, over low heat for 5mins until shells are opened. Discard unopened ones. Remove meat from shells. Strain clam broth and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot, add bacon and onions and cook until bacon is brown and onion is softened.
- Add in potatoes & carrots and mix evenly for a min.
- Add in 1 1/4 cup clam broth, fish stock & milk. Bring to boil. Lower heat, covered and simmer for 20min.
- Add in cream, clam meat & seasoning and mix evenly for a min. Serve.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2L water
- 1.5kg fish bones, heads (use white fleshed fish, darker fleshed e.g. salmon will make stock greasy)
- 10 black pepper
- 1 bouquet garni (I use fresh thyme, parsley & dried bay leaves)
- Heat oil in a pot, add onions and cook on low heat for 8mins until soft.
- Add in water, fish bones, pepper & herbs. Bring to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, uncovered, for 25mins, frequently skimming any froth from the surface.
- Cool stock slightly and strain away ingredients. Cool and chill in fridge or use immediately.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe