Cream Puffs Pastry2012-05-28
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 40m
1 egg (I used newborn egg (small)
1 level teaspoon sugar
1/4 level teaspoon salt
1. Sift the flour and salt together.
2. Boil the water, salt and sugar in a saucepan. Melt the butter in it and bring it to the boil.
3. Remove from heat, add the flour all at once and mix well. Cool slightly.
4. Beat the egg well, then add a little at a time and mix well.
5. Put one dessertspoon of the paste onto a baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes at 210 degree C.
6. When cooked, cool slightly and make a slit at the side of each pastry. Fill with the fillings that you desire.
25g flour or custard powder
1 egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
2. Add the flour or custard powder and stir till smooth.
3. Add the milk and sugar, bring it to the boil and cool slightly.
4. Beat the egg yolk and add it to the flour mixture.
6. Add in the vanilla essence.
Also, you can put whipped cream. It can be found at www.joyofbaking.com. Enjoy!
Average Member Rating
(3.7 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe