Creamy Garlic and Butter Mussels2012-05-16
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 25m
- 2 dozens of cleaned and pre-steamed Australian mussels (Giant has them). Do rinsed them before cooking and drained.
- about 3 tbsp of unsalted butter
- about 2 tbsp of finely chopped garlic
- half an medium size onion finely chopped
- 1 cup of white wine (Chardonnay is good)
- 2/3 cups of thickening cream
- 1 tbsp of dijourn mustard
- 1/4 cup of mildly salted chicken stock (can replaced with water too)
- Add Lemon pepper and Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning (more if you prefer a stronger spice taste)
- Heat up some a tbsp of olive oil with butter
- Stir fry garlic and onions till fragrant
- Add wine and chicken stock, Italian seasoning, dijourn mustard, lemon pepper and salt. Cook for a minute.
- Add thickening cream and let it simmer till sauce thickens
- Add the mussels and toss it around.
- Cover and simmer for about 2 mins at low heat.
- Garnish with scallions and serve hot with bread or rice.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe