*Recipe shared by Budget Pantry
Makes 4 servings
What I used:
2 Sutchi Fillets, cut into bite sized chucks and marinated with:
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp light soy sauce
A dash of hua diao jiu
1 packet thin bee hoon (I used whatever carb was in my pantry)
4 tablespoons corn flour
5-6 slices ginger
2 litres water
1 Knorr fish stock cube
Half Knorr chicken stock cube (no msg)
2 tomatoes, cut into small wedges
12 tbsp low fat evaporated milk
1 tbsp oil
Half tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp hua diao jiu
Lettuce and/or green leafy vegetables
1 box silken tofu, cut into large cubes (optional)
1. Dredge the marinated fish in corn flour on both sides and air/pan/deep fry them til golden brown. Set aside.
2. Soak bee hoon in hot water til soft, drain then set aside.
3. In a large pot, add 1 tbsp oil and fry ginger til fragrant.
4. Add the water and stock cubes.
5. Bring to boil and add the sesame oil, hua diao jiu, evaporated milk, tofu and tomatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add the veggies, cook for 1 minute then add bee hoon. i cooked the bee hoon in a sieve as I was cooking portion by portion. Remove bee hoon from pot.
7. Arrange bee hoon, veggies, tomatoes, tofu and fish slices in a bowl and ladle the soup over it.
8. Enjoy while piping hot!