- 1 green radish (remove skin, chop into chunks)
- 2 small carrots (remove skin, chop into chunks)
- 1 candied date (optional)
- 6-8 red dates, pitted
- a few small dried scallops
- 250g pork ribs
- 3 chicken breast bones/ carcasses
- 3 cloves garlic (with skin on)
- 3L water
- 1-2 teaspoons of bitter and sweet almonds
- fish sauce/ salt to taste
1. Place pork ribs and chicken bones in a pot of water (enough water to cover the bones) and bring the water to a boil.
2. Discard the water (which should be full of scum and impurities) and place the pork ribs and chicken bones into a soup bag together with the red dates, sweet and bitter almonds and candied date (optional).
3. Put all the ingredients into a soup pot and bring to a boil.
4. Bring the soup to a boil then simmer for 2 hours.
5. Add salt/ fish sauce to taste.
Recipe shared by Angeline Ng
Bio : Angeline Ng
Angeline is a stay-home mom to two lovely children who have given her new insights to life as she now finds herself on a journey of re-discovery of the world through their little eyes. She’s a firm believer of providing home-cooked goodness for her family and blogs regularly about cooking, home-learning activities and parenting. You can find her at Simply Mommie and on Facebook.