Hello Kitty Oreo Cheesecake2012-07-30
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Cream cheese 250g
Fine sugar 50g
Whipping cream 284g
Gelatin powder 14g
Plain water 66g
Crushed oreo biscuits 95g (including the biscuit cream)
Wilton decorating gel (red, yellow, black – for the ribbon, nose, eyes & whiskers)
1. Crushed the oreo biscuits and set aside.
2. Put cream cheese and fine sugar in a bowl and mix well.
3. Whisk the whipping cream till stiff and add into the cream cheese mixture. Continue to whisk till all combined well.
4. Soak gelatin powder in the plain water (66g) for 3mins. Next, used the double-boiled method to melt the gelatin powder completely. You may place a bowl of hot water below the gelatin mixture.
5. Pour the gelatin mixture slowly into the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
6. Scoop some cream cheese mixture (about 2 scoops, if using soup ladle) into the Hello Kitty mold, making sure it is enough to cover the entire mold. You may do so by rotating it, especially on ribbon, nose, eyes & whiskers. Put it into the fridge for about 15mins for it to set.
7. Leave the remaining cream cheese mixture outside while waiting. Stir it occasionally.
8. Repeat step 6 with some cream cheese mixture on the areas that are not well covered. Make sure the mixture is set, before adding in the oreo biscuits mixture.
9. Scoop some cream cheese mixture (about 2 scoops, if using soup ladle) into the crushed oreo biscuits and mix well. Add this mixture into the mold and spread it gently. Do not spread right to the edge. Keep a gap of 5cm all around it. Put it into the fridge for about 15mins for it to set.
10. Lastly, pour in the remaining cream cheese mixture into the mold and put it into the fridge for it to set. You may then decorate the ribbon, nose, eyes & whiskers with decorating gels.
*Note: The above recipe is based on the size of a large Hello Kitty silicon mold (approximately 175×155×78ｍｍ, 1080ml).
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe