Home-made Tofu . 自制豆腐2012-06-19
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 60m
2 boxes of firm tofu (Stated for suitable for frying)
3-5 water chestnut(Peeled & chopped)
1.5 tablespoon of chopped carrots
10 grey prawns (Shelled, de-veined and chopped)
1 tablespoon of chopped chinese parsley
1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
1.5 tablespoon of light soya sauce
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
5 dashes of white pepper
1 pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of cornflour (to be added in tofu mixture)
8-10 tablespoon of cornflour (to be coated for steamed tofu)
1. Put tofu in muslin bag, squeeze lightly and drain off as much water as possible.
2. Pour into a big bowl and mix all ingredients in (Part 1) well.
3. Pour mixture into a cooking-oil greased pan/tin.
4. Steam on high heat for 15 mins.
5. Allow steamed tofu to be cool for at least 30 mins. If u have the time, let it cool off completely before removing from tin. Handle with care!
6. Cut steamed tofu into desired shape and size.
7. Coat lightly with cornflour (Part 2) and deep-fry them.
(If your cut tofu isn’t very thick, you may choose to pan-fry them)
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe