- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Almond powder/flour – 125g
Powdered sugar – 125g
Room temp. eggs – 3 (prefer large egg & aged for 1-2days)
Caster sugar – 60g
Green Tea powder – 3tbsp
Green food coloring – 1 to 2 drops
Kerropi facial ingredients:
Mini choco chips
Food coloring pen(black)
Royal icing ingredients:
Egg whites(large) – 2(60g)
Powdered sugar – 3cups(330g)
Lemon juice – 2tsp
Pink food color – 1 tiny drop(for kerropi cheek)
Fillings – Red bean cream chantilly
Red bean paste – 200g(or more if you like)
Heavy/whipping cream – 1cup
Powdered sugar – 1 to 2tbsp
Prep and Cooking Instructions
- Pulse almond powder,powdered sugar & green tea powdered in a food processor till finely ground & combined. Sieve them thru a fine mesh sieve to get a smooth shell.
- Whip the egg whites till foamy & gradually add the caster sugar while whipping till a shiny meringue forms.
- Add the almond/sugar mixture to the meringue & quickly incorporate the mixture into the meringue using the folding method. Add the green coloring when the batter is around 90% incorporated & fold. You want to achieve a batter that flows(ribbon stage)when your spatula lift up the batter but not too flowy.
- Pour batter into piping bag & pipe onto baking/parchment paper in circle. Take note not to pipe too closely as batter will spread.
- Slam the baking tray/sheet hard on the table to beat out the air bubbles in the macarons after piping.
- Let the macarons sit in room temperature to dry for 30mins to an hour(depending on humidity) to develop a skin which is dry to the touch.
- Preheat oven to 150deg & bake for 12-15mins(depending on oven). Remove from oven & cool.
Royal Icing method:
- Beat the egg whites with the lemon juice till combined.
- Add the sifted powdered sugar & beat on low speed till combined & smooth.
- Use 1/3 of the icing & mix the pink food coloring for a pink icing.
- Pour icing into separate piping bags. Use a smaller piping tip for the pink icing.
Kerropi face method:
- Pipe the white icing on the macaron to create 2 large white part for the eyes.
- Using the black food color pen,draw a wide ‘V’ for its mouth.
- Pipe the pink icing slightly above & beside the mouth.
- Wet your finger with a little water to press down the ‘tail’ from the icing that stand after you pipe out so that it stays round & smooth for the cheek(refer to picture).
- Press in one choco chip into each of the white icing eyes.
- Add powdered sugar to the heavy/whipping cream & whip till peak then fold in the red bean paste till combined.
- Pour into piping bag & pipe onto the macarons.
Additional Comments About this Recipe
You can use any other macaron recipe that works for you
Submitted by Rachel Lee, a Munch Ministry member.
Average Member Rating
(3.8 / 5)
4 people rated this recipe