Korean Rice Cakes with Ramen Noodles2012-05-14
- Servings : 2-3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 0m
1 Packet(150g) of Topokki Hot Sauce
150g of Korean Rice Cakes (ddeok – 떡)
1/2 Portion of Napa Cabbage, cut into pieces
1 Piece of Fish Cake, cut into slices
1 Packet of Korean Instant Ramen, break into halve
2 Stalls Spring Onion, cut into sections
2 – 3 Hard-boiled Eggs, shell removed
1/2 medium carrot, thinly shred
1 Japanese Cucumber, thinly shred
Red/Green Chilli, thinly sliced
Roasted White Sesame Seeds
Chopped Spring Onion
Sesame Oil to taste
Prep and Cooking Instructions
1. Rinse rice cake in cold water. Drain and set aside.
2. In the HCP, add rice cakes together with 250ml of water and cook on medium heat till water comes to boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Next add in cabbage, spring onion, fish cake and noodles, let the mixture simmer for 1 minute(on medium heat) before stirring in the “Topokki Hot Sauce”.
4. On low heat simmer the mixture till the sauce has thickened slightly and both rice cakes and noodles are soften.
5. Remove mixture from heat, divide it into 2 or 3 serving plates. Top with some shredded carrot and cucumber together with hard-boiled eggs and served hot with some garnish on top.
Submitted by Ellena – http://ellenaguan.blogspot.com/, a Munch Ministry member.
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe