- 250g lotus root (莲藕 ) or 2-3 segments of a lotus root
- 250g Pueraria thomsonii (粉葛 – fen ge)
- 8-10 dried red dates (红枣), soaked and pitted
- 250g pork ribs
- 3 chicken breast bones/ chicken carcass
- 2-3 litres of water
- Salt to taste
- Remove the skin of the lotus root and Pueraria thomsonii and cut into slices and chunks respectively.
- Place pork ribs and chicken bones in a pot of water (enough water to cover the bones) and bring the water to a boil.
- Discard the water (which should be full of scum and impurities) and place the pork ribs and chicken bones into a soup bag together with the red dates and candied date (optional).
- Put all the ingredients into a soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low heat for at least 2 hours.
Add salt to taste and serve.
Recipe shared by Angeline Ng
Bio : Angeline Ng
Angeline is a stay-home mom to two lovely children who have given her new insights to life as she now finds herself on a journey of re-discovery of the world through their little eyes. She’s a firm believer of providing home-cooked goodness for her family and blogs regularly about cooking, home-learning activities and parenting. You can find her at Simply Mommie and on Facebook.