Lychee Chiffon Cake2012-04-13
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
28cm tube pan
7 egg yolks
80ml lychee juice from the can
a pinch of salt
1tsp lychee flavour ess
4 tbsp veg oil
110g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
Few drops of yellow or pink colouring
100g lychee, drained & dried
Pinch of cake flour
7 egg whites
½ tsp cream of tartar
Prep and Cooking Instructions
1. Mix egg yolks, sugar, salt, oil, lychee juice and colouring in a mixing bowl. Fold in sifted flour until a batter is formed.
1. Squeeze out all the juice from lychee, cut to small bite-sized and dry it with kitchen paper. Sprinkle with a pinch of cake flour to remove dampness. Set aside.
1. Whisk egg white and cream of tartar until foamy. Add in sugar and continue to beat at high speed until peaks form.
2. Gently fold beaten egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture until well mixed. 3. Pour half the batter into a chiffon cake mould and add in the lychee bits around followed by the rest of the batter, bake in a preheated oven at 170C for 30 -40 minutes or until cooked.
3. Remove from oven and invert cake pan to cool.
Additional Comments About this Recipe
Do not try to attempt to add in more lychee as it will sink to the bottom if too much and the cake will be too damp.
*Cake need to be consume within 2days*
Submitted by Fion Lim, a Munch Ministry member.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe