1/2 Chicken (cut into bite size pcs or you can use drumsticks / wings as well)
Vegetable oil (for frying0
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tbs oyster sauce
1/2 egg, beaten
2 tbs cornflour
2 tbs rice flour
1 1/2 tbs Marmite or Bovril
1 tbs honey
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbs light soy sauce
1 tsp dark sweetened soy sauce
3 tbs water
Pinch Black pepper
Pinch Sesame Seeds, toasted (for garnish)
1. Mix the chicken with the ingredients for the marinate and leave in the fridge for 2 hours
2. Heat up the oil, deep-fry the chicken and set aside
3. Combine the sauce ingredients until Marmite is dissolved
4. Heat up a pan, pour in sauce, add pepper and stir until thickened and reduced to about 1/3.
5. Return the chicken in the sauce and mix till evenly coated.
6. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.