Mixed Fruit Cake2012-05-07
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Serve 6 – 8
Specify Applicance Used
225g All-Purpose Flour(plain flour)
170g Brown Sugar
170g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Salt
3 Eggs(55g each)
60ml Orange Juice
Rind of 1 Orange
200g Dried Mixed Fruit
2 Tablespoons of RUM/Grand Marnier
Prep and Cooking Instructions
1. Soak dried mixed fruit with RUM, Orange Juice and Rind for about 10 minutes. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
2. Cream soft butter and brown sugar using a electric beater or hand whisk till pale and creamy.
3. Add one egg at a time, beat till combined before adding in the flour mixture.
4. Using a spatula, fold in sifted flours in 3 batches alternatively with the mixed fruit mixture(add in the liquid as well) till well combined.
5. Slowly scrap mixture into the lightly greased Happy Call Pan(grease 1 teaspoon of oil on both side of the pan using hand or paper towel).
6. Bake on low heat for 12 minutes, slowly shift the pan towards right side so that left side (1/2 of the HCP) of the pan is on the heat, bake for another 6 minutes. Next shift the pan back towards the left side so that right side(1/2 of the HCP) of the pan is on the heat. (the purpose of doing this is to even out the baking as well as give the cake a nice brown colour on the surface when flip over)
7. Lastly, flip the HCP over and bake for another 6 minutes(3 minutes left, 3 minutes right) to have a nice brown top.
Additional Comments About this Recipe
FOR OVEN METHOD:-
1. Follow steps 1 – 4, pour cake batter into a greased 7″ square or round tin.
2. Bake in preheated 180° Celsius oven for about 40 – 50 minutes or when a skewer inserted in the center and comes out clean.
Submitted by Ellena Guan, a Munch Ministry member.
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe