1 tbsp vegetable oil
4 slices ginger
5 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1tbsp Soybean paste
200-250gms Wong Bok (Chinese white cabbage) cut into smaller pieces
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
50gms bean curd sticks
1 small vacuum packed ginkgo nuts
5-6 dried Chinese mushrooms or you may use fresh Shitake mushrooms
30gms glass noodles
5-6pieces dried black fungus
Sauce (combine the sauce ingredients together and set it aside)
2tbsp oyster sauce or scallop sauce
a few dashes of sesame oil
Water sufficient to cover up to 80% of the ingredients
1) Soak these ingredients (separately) till soften – bean curd sticks, chinese mushrooms, glass noodles and black fungus.
2) Slice the mushrooms and black fungus into smaller pieces
3) Heat up oil in pot, add ginger, garlic and soybean paste and fry till fragrant
4) Add in Wong Bok and fry till slightly soften
5) Add in the rest of the ingredients (except glass noodles) and the sauce; bring it to a boil then cover with a lid and simmer for 15 mins or till the vegetables are cooked.
6) Add in the glass noodles at the last 5 mins of simmering.
7) Serve as a dish in a meal of eat just with white rice.
Recipe adapted from Noob Cook.