200g glutinous rice flour
1 tbsp sesame oil ( may use peanuts oil or shallots oil too )
1 tsp sugar
pinch of salt
(estimate according to your preference)
Fried sesame seeds – blended
- Mix everything together and stir well.
- Pour into pan and put over low heat.
- Cover the pan.
- After 5 minutes, open the pan, fold the sides towards center and slowly roll into a dough.
- Flip the dough every now & then for another 10 minutes. Done.
- Mix ingredients B in a plate, cut & roll dough in peanuts mix.
Muah Chee is done! Enjoy…. yum yum….
Recipe submitted by Karen Ng, a Munch Ministry member
Another Variation : Muah Chee (with coconut milk)
1 cup glutinous rice flour
2 tsp sugar (or 3 tbsp)
2 tbsp thick coconut milk (Kara coconut milk)
1 tbsp cooking oil
150 ml water
1. Grease pan with oil
2. Pour in paste and cook on very low heat for abt 3 mins
3. See that it has ‘set’ and roll together to form a lump (using a fork, should be able to flick up the side and roll together easily) Toss around for a while to ensure is totally cooked.
4. Remove and put onto peanut coating, cut to bite size.
Recipe submitted by Melissa Bernadette Quek, a Munch Ministry member