Mum’s Cucur Ikan Bilis aka Anchovies Fritter2012-05-22
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 35m
1 large onion (sliced)
30g ikan bilis/anchovies (lightly pounded and chopped)
150g self-raising flour
50g plain flour
1 tsp potato starch or cornstarch (optional)
1 ½ tbsp home-made rempah (spice/chili paste)
1 tbsp light soy sauce
½ tsp sugar
¼ tsp chicken stock powder without MSG
¼ tsp salt
1) Add (A) in a mixing bowl, mix well.
2) Add (B), mix well with a hand whisk till smooth. Rest for 5 mins.
3) Heat oil, spoon batter into hot oil and fry over medium heat till golden brown.
1) Home-made rempah can be replaced by store bought one. If it is not available, can add some chopped chili padi instead.
2) I have tried with and without potato starch. The batter with potato starch yields slightly softer texture but outside still remain as crispy. So it is personal preference whether to add potato starch.
3) The amount of seasonings is just based on my estimation. Adjust according to your own taste buds.
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe