Nine Layer Kueh 九层糕2012-04-29
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Specify Applicance Used
6pcs pandan leaves
50g rice flour
180g tapioca flour
480g coconut milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla oil (I don’t have that, I used vegetable oil)
Prep and Cooking Instructions
1) Put dry ingredients B in a mixing bowl and mix well. Slowly add coconut milk n vegetable oil, stirring at the same time to mix well and set aside.
2) Put ingredients A in a saucepan and bring to a boil over moderate heat. Cook 10 mins over low heat. Remove pandan leaves and pour into a heatproof measuring jug to get 200ml of the syrup. If the syrup evaporated too much during cooking and is not enough, add hot water to make up to 190ml.
3) Pour the 200ml hot sugar syrup into (1) and stir well to mix into a thin batter.
4) Start boiling water in a steamer and place the prepared Pan inside the steamer to heat up (remember to grease lightly with cooking oil.)
5) Measure out 3 equal portions. Colour two of it with red and green.
6) When the steamer is at boiling point, turn down to moderately low. Pour the pink batter into the hot pan just enough to cover the pan and steam for 4-5 minutes, or until set. Repeat with green and white batter respectively. Repeat the whole process until…the last layer for 10mins.
7) Turn off heat and wait 5 minutes before removing lid of the steamer. This is to let water droplets have time to slide off along down the inside of the lid and prevent water droplets falling onto the kuih when lid is removed. Remove pan from steamer and let cool completely before removing kuih from the pan. Cut into bite-size morsels and serve.
Submitted by Pamela Loh, a Munch Ministry member.
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe