Orzo with chicken, mushroom and peas (Serves 4)
Adapted from cookwithcampbell’s
500g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp grounded black pepper
1/2 tsp corn flour
300g button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 white onion, finely diced
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 can (10oz) cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cup orzo
1 cup frozen peas
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt, to taste
2 tomatoes, diced
1. Season chicken with salt, pepper and corn flour. Cook chicken, in batches, until well browned in heated oil at medium-high heat in large skillet. Drain on kitchen towel and set aside.
2. Cook onions for about 3-4 minutes until they are soft and translucent. Add garlic and saute for another 30 seconds.
3. Add mushrooms and cook until they have become soft.
4. Put chicken back into the skillet, add orzo. Stir to coat the orzo with the oil.
5. Add cream of chicken, peas and water. Stir to combine. Cover, bring to boil then turn down the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until orzo is cooked. Stir often.
6. Once cooked, add chopped tomato and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
7. Serve hot.