- Servings : 1
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Recipe submitted by Evon Goh, a Munch Ministry member
1 bowl of cooked Japanese rice
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 sweet onion, sliced thinly
2 chicken thighs, deboned & cut into bite sized pieces
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoon mirin (Japanese sweet cooking wine)
1 teaspoon dashi powder (Japanese soup stock)
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Prep and Cooking Instructions
1. Place water, mirin, dashi powder & sugar in a small frying pan (about 8 inch) & bring to a simmer.
2. Add in sliced onions & simmer for about 2 minutes.
3. Add in chicken & soy sauce & reduce to medium heat. Cover & simmer for about 1 minute, then turn chicken pieces over. Cover & cook for another 1 minute or until chicken is cooked.
4. Add the lightly beaten eggs, cover & simmer for 1 minute. Turn off heat & leave for around 3 minutes.
5. Slide over a deep bowl of rice, you may garnish with some chopped spring onions or shredded seaweed.
6. Serve & enjoy!
Additional Comments About this Recipe
Watch the heat during simmering to ensure broth doesn’t dry out as well as make sure that the eggs do not get burnt. This depends on individual stove’s fire.
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe