Peach Charlotte Ice-cream Cake2012-06-27
- Prep Time : 1m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
1 can nestle cream
1/2 cup condensed milk
225ml whip cream
1 can peach slices
1 pack of cream crackers
1/2-1 tbsp unsweetened coco powder
Grated cheese (optional, I used mixed mozarella & chedder cheese)
1) Whisk the whip cream till thick and smooth. From 225ml mark, I whisked till it reached almost to 600ml mark.
2) Mix nestle cream and condensed milk well. In fact I used slightly less than 1/2 cup condensed milk as the fruit that I am using is already sweet. You could adjust according to your desire for sweetness. If the mixture at this point is not smooth, use a seive before pouring into the whip cream. Use a spatula and to mix well.
3) Divide the mixture into 3 portions. 2 portions plain mixture and 1 portion add in the coco powder and mix well. You can add more if want a darker chocolate color.
4) Shorten the ladyfingers by halve and line a 8 inch springform tin.
5) Cover the base with cream crackers. Lesson learnt is to break the crackers with a knife to fill up the odd edges. I tried using my hands to break the crackers and I ended up with undesired sizes. However if you are using a square tin, such problem will be minimised.
6) Cut the peaches into small pieces and line a layer on top of the cream crackers.
7) Spread a layer of plain mixture on it.
8) Repeat step 5-6.
9) Spread the coco layer on top.
10) Repeat step 5.
11) Spread the plain mixture on top.
12) Sprinkle some grated cheese if you like.
13) Design your cake top with the balance peaches you have.
14) Cover the springform with cling wrap and now is ready to freeze overnight transforming into ice-cream.
15) Before serve, leave it in room temperature for around 30mins otherwise it will be too icy hard to cut.
Recipe with step-by-step pictures are available at http://yukiecody.blogspot.sg/2012/06/peach-charlotte-ice-cream-cake.html
Note: Recipe modified from Mango float by Ellen V. Lorono.
Average Member Rating
(3.3 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe