Penne Alfredo Sauce2012-05-07
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
1/2 cup butter
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 cups milk
6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper.
Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. Toss with hot pasta to serve.
***However, i made some modification though.
1. I dont use butter. I sauted the bacon’s skin and fat for the taste and add one teaspoon of margerine.
2. I use real garlic instead of garlic powder… Saute them.
3. Then i saute bacon + fresh button mushroom. (chicken is good for alfredo too)
4. This recipe is for bout 8 ppl…and i found out it’s bit too thick for asian taste, u can actually add abit more of milk. Sometimes u find its bit watery (coz it’s hot)…it will thicken when it is slightly not that hot…
5. Boil ur pasta then drained it then mix with the sauce….the pasta is ready to serve
Recipe submitted By Evelyn Leow, a member of Munch Ministry
Adapted from Recipe from allrecipes.com
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe