- Servings : 10 pax
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 0m
- 600g belly pork (boiled for 3 minutes)
- 100g dried shrimps (soaked in hot water and finely grind)
- 2 big turnip, peeled and shredded
- 1 pkt french beans, cut finely
- 2 carrots, shredded finely
- 2 pcs firm yellow bean curd, cut finely and deep fried
- garlic, chopped
- Sugar to taste
- white pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons Oyster Sauce
- 6 eggs (hardboiled, slice in cubes)
- 1 cup bean sprouts (tailed and blanched)
- 1 bowl shelled prawns (boiled)
- 1 pc cucumber, shredded finely
- 2 head Lettuce
- 4 chinese sausages, sliced
- 1 cup roasted peanut (ground)
- Sweet sauce
- Chilli sauce
- 1 kg Popiah skin
Heat oil in wok and fry garlic till fragrant. Add dried shrimps and stir well for 2 minutes. Add turnips and stir fry for 3 min. Remove from wok and place in a big pot.
Cook the rest of the ingredients (french beans, carrot) one by one just like how the turnips were cooked above and layer them in the pot.
After the main ingredients were cooked and layered in the pot, heat up the pot and add the fried bean curd. Add belly pork and seasoning and mix the ingredients thoroughly. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
To serve the Popiah, spread sweet sauce and chilli sauce on the skin. Tear a piece of lettuce and place on it. Put a spoonful of filling on top of the lettuce. Top with a egg, bean sprouts, cucumber,etc. Wrap and carefully roll up tightly.
Average Member Rating
(1.8 / 5)
6 people rated this recipe