10-14 medium size potatoes
1 knob of butter (approx 1-2 tbsp)
1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup of milk (I used fresh milk)
200gms of Light Sour Cream
4-5 stalks of spring onions (finely chopped)
3-4 pieces of back bacon (cut into bits and fried till crispy)
Salt & Pepper to taste
*You’ll need a 28cm x 15cm (approx) baking pan or casserole dish
*Preheat oven to 180C
1) Peel the skin of the potatoes and boil them in a pot of boiling water till tender
2) Prepare a heat proof pot and mash potatoes with butter, milk, salt & pepper (for smoother texture, you may use a food processor to do the job).
3) Add in sour cream and mix till fully incorporated
4) Add half of the cheese and half of the spring onions into the potato mixture till combined
5) Pour mixture into casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese and all the bacon bits
6) Place the casserole into the oven and bake it for 15 minutes uncovered, till it’s golden brown on the top
7) Once done, sprinkle remaining spring onions on top and serve!
*Check out Pauline’s Grocery Haul at Mamabliss to gain more ideas on what to cook for daily dinners.