- Servings : 4-5
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
150 gm Pumpkins (skinned, chopped into cubes)
2 cups of rice (rinsed)
80 gm Cabbage (chopped)
80 gm Chicken breast (cubed)
3 dried mushrooms (soaked and sliced thinly)
3 shallots (chopped)
5 pearls of Garlic (chopped)
1 tbsp of Dried shrimp (soaked)
Chicken essence powder
Light soya sauce
Dark soya sauce
Pepper (generous amount)
Sugar (about 1 tsp)
Sesame seed oil
1. Heat wok to medium heat, add oil and in goes the shallots, garlics, dried shrimps and mushrooms. Stir-fry till fragrant.
2. Add in the chicken breast and stir till the meat turns white on the outside.
3. Add in pumpkin, cabbage and rice. You may want to add hot water to make stirring easier.
4. Stir in the seasonings. Once well stirred, transfer all ingredients into rice cooker.
5. The water level should be just covering the rice and ingredients.
6. Once cooked, allow the rice to sit in the rice cooker for another 10 mins, stir the rice and leave it in the cooker for another 5 mins. Serve.
You can add fried shallots when the rice is cooked to enhance the flavours.
Taste and adjust seasonings before transferring the ingredients into the rice cooker.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe