Puteri Ayu (Steamed Pandan Sponge Cake)2013-05-19
- Yield : 10 mini sponge cakes
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
(Recipe adapted from Nasi Lemak Lover)
100g caster sugar
150g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ovalette
120ml coconut milk (I used Heng Guan Fresh Natural Coconut milk)
1/2tsp green pandan paste
60gms-80gms fresh desiccated coconut
1 tsp corn flour
1) In a bowl mix the ingredients for topping together and set it aside for later use
2) Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl
3) With an electric mixer, mix eggs, ovalette and sugar till light in colour and fluffy; then pour in the coconut milk and mix well
4) Gradually add the flour mixture into the egg mixture add green pandan paste and fold in till well combined.
5) Lightly oil each of the cake mould and press the desiccated coconut onto the bottom of the cake mould.
6) Meanwhile, prepare a steamer.
7) Fill each of the cake mould with the cake batter and steam the cakes for 10-15mins
8) Let the sponge cakes cool completely before serving
For more details on how making these cakes can be a nice bonding activity with your kids, check out this link.
Average Member Rating
(4.2 / 5)
5 people rated this recipe