Risotto alle Vongole2012-05-16
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 60m
1 cup Aborio rice (unwashed, uncooked)
1 pack of white clams
1 king oyster mushrooms (sliced)
1/3 red onion (finely chopped)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 cup white cooking wine/ dry white wine
2.5-3 cups chicken broth
1/2 tbsp parsley (chopped)
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 knob of butter
Dash of Pepper
Sliced red chilli
Mixed cheese (mozarella and cheddar)
Kitchen Art ceramic 20cm pot
1) Soak clams with salted water to spit out the sand and grit.
2) Steam the clams with white cooking wine until the shells are opened. Remove shells from the clams and set aside.
3) Use a fine siever to remove any sand from the white wine gravy, set aside.
4) Make the chicken broth hot but not boiling to standby.
5) Heat the pot with olive oil and butter, saute onions and garlic till soft. Add in mushrooms and stir fry for awhile.
6) Add in the rice and white wine gravy, stir until the gravy evaporates.
7) Lower the flame and slowly add in the chicken broth, one cup at a time and stir.
8) Cover the pot and let it simmer, give a few stirs occassionally and when the water level runs low add in the next cup of broth. Repeat until the rice reaches al dente stage.
9) If the broth runs out before the rice is ready, just add in some hot water to continue cooking.
10) Add in chopped parsley and pepper, give a few stirs and serve with the garnishes.
Average Member Rating
(3 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe