180 gm Sweet Potato Noodles (also known as Tang Hoon or Dangmyeon), boiled until just softened and then drained.
1 chicken leg
1 flower crab
6 pcs of large prawns, separate head and body
3 pcs of wong bok leaves, cut to 5mm slices
50gm ginger, slice
4 cloves garlic, mince
2 stalks of spring onions
2 stalks of chinese parsley
Some sesame oil for drizzling
4 tbsp fish sauce
4 tbsp chinese wine
2 tbsp oyster sauce
Half tsp salt
Pepper to taste
- Using small fire and 4 tbsp of oil, fry the drumstick on both sides.
- Add prawn heads and cover lid while leaving a small gap. It will splatter as the prawn head has liquid in it.
- When prawn heads are fragrant, add garlic and ginger.
- Fry garlic until fragrant
- Add 2 litres of hot water
- Simmer for 1.5 hours. There should be half amount or 1 litre of broth left.
- Taste the broth and add additional seasoning if you prefer.
- Add wong bok and tang hoon.
- Add the flower crab and prawns on top of the noodles.
- Simmer for 5 mins.
- Drizzle with some sesame oil.
- Garnish with spring onions and chinese parsley.
- Serve immediately.
- I am using a 2.9 litres Tanyu claypot.
- The broth should taste saltier to compliment the bland noodle.