Snickerdoodle Cinnamon Coated Cookies2012-03-11
- Yield : 24 Medium Cookies (7 cm in diameter)
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 13m
- Ready In : 0m
150g All Purpose Flour
½ tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp Salt
1 tsp Cream Of Tartar
113g Unsalted Butter at room temperature
170g Caster Sugar
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
For the Cinnamon Sugar
55g Caster Sugar
1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
Prep and Cooking Instructions
1. Preheat your oven to 175°C. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine (A) and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, using the paddle attachment, cream together (B) until fluffy
4. Add the (C) & mix until creamy and combined.
5. Add (A) & just mix enough to incorporate all of the ingredients and stop the mixer. Do not over mix!
6. In a small bowl, mix together the remaining Caster Sugar & the Ground Cinnamon. Set side.
7. Drop by ½ tablespoonful or into the cinnamon sugar mixture. (note the mixture is very soft and sticky)
8. Roll them around to coat and place them on your prepared baking sheets. Leave at least about 2 inches of space in between cookies as they will spread!
9. Bake for about 13 – 15 minutes rotating the baking sheets half way through for even baking.
10. Cool in the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Additional Comments About this Recipe
The cookies are nice and crispy with little chewiness in the middle.
The cookie dough will really spread out so do provide ample space for the cookies to spread. If you used 1 Tablespoonful or a cookie scoop, you’ll get really large cookies measuring around 9cm in diameter:) Enjoy!
Submitted by Adeline Teo, a Munch Ministry member.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe