Sour Cream Chocolate Pound Cake (Lazy person version)2012-06-02
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
250g butter (Soften at room temperature)
250g caster sugar
250g self raising flour
1 cup/ 100g of dutch processed cocoa powder (Van Houten/ Tudor brand)
1 cup/ 270g sour cream/ yoghurt (not low fat stuff please – use full cream)
1/4 cup milk
Optional: 1 tablespoon of instant coffee granules (I used nescafe gold)
First of all, preheat oven to 160 degree C!
A: Add milk to to sour cream/ yoghurt and stir to mix. Add coffee granules to milk first if using, before mixing with sour cream/ yoghurt.
B. Add cocoa to the flour and stir to mix.
1. Cream butter and sugar for 5 minutes on medium speed till light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one by one and beat on high speed for 45 to 60 secs after each egg is added. If it curdles, add a tablespoon of flour from your 250g of self raising flour. Scrape the sides down before adding another egg. Do not panic if the mixture starts to seperate and curdles. Just add a tablespoon of flour or 2 and mix for 10 seconds or so.
3. Divide flour into 2 portions. Add the first portion of flour to the butter mixture and stir with a spatula to mix. On the mixer on low speed for about 20 seconds. Scrape down the sides AND bottom. Mix on low speed for 20 seconds.
4. Add milk/sour cream/ yoghurt mixture and mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down AND bottom.
5. Add the 2nd portion of the flour and stir with a spatula to mix. On the mixer on low speed for about 20 seconds. Use the spatula to scrape down the sides and the bottom to check if its well mixed. If there are lumps of flour or cocoa, just on the mixer on low for another 20 seconds.
6. I used cupcake cases so there no buttering of pans involved. Fill cases to 2/3 full. Tap on table/ hard surfaces until the top is evened out (to ensure no air bubbles). If using normal baking pan, please brush the pan with melted or very softened butter and dust with cocoa powder. Bake on the middle rack (if ur oven has 3 racks) or lower second rack (if ur oven has 4 racks). baking time varies according to size of the cake. Cupcakes about 20 to 25 mins. Round cake tin (this one can fill a 10-inch quite easily) about 45 mins? Depending on your oven. Use your nose as a guide. Once you smell it wiffling into your room, get your satay stick and oven mittens ready. Poke and see if it’s cooked. If not, do again for another 10 mins. A few tiny crumbs at the tip is ok, since the cake will still continue to cook when it’s out.
Remember to let it cool before removing from the pan.
Have fun! Originally there were 9 to 10 steps, but i already tested the shortcuts and no visible harm done hahahaha
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe