Steamed Chicken with Garlic & Pandan Leaves2012-05-26
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 30m
- 1 Kampong Chicken
- 6 slices of ginger
- 4 small garlic bulbs, lightly pound
- 1 stalk of spring Onion, cut into half
- 2 bundles of pandan leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Clean, trim and rinse the chicken thoroughly, pat dry with kitchen paper towels.
- Place chicken(breast side facing up) on deep steaming plate and rub ½ teaspoon of salt all over the chicken.
- Stuff cavity with garlic bulbs, 3-4 ginger slices, 1 bundle of pandan leaves and half portion of spring onion and scatter the rest of the ingredients on the sides and bottom of the chicken..
- Steam in a covered pot/wok over medium high heat for 10 minutes, flip the chicken over on another side and continue to steam for another 15 – 20 minutes.
- To test if the chicken is cooked, insert a chopstick into the thigh area if the liquid run out clear, it is cooked.
- Remove the chicken from pot to another plate, quickly rub 1 teaspoon of sesame oil all over it and let it rest for 5 – 10 minutes before cutting the chicken into bite size pieces and serve
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe