700gms Seabass (scales removed, gutted and cleaned – this can be done by the fishmonger)
4 stalks of spring onions (just the bottom half of the stalk, leaves not required)
1/2 lemon (sliced)
2 tbsp Rice Wine
1 tsp Salt
1) Prepare the sauce by combining all ingredients together (taste to see if it’s salty enough, otherwise add a bit more soya sauce), then set the sauce aside for later use
2) Lay on the steaming plate, the stalks of spring onions and lemon slices
3) Rub salt and sprinkle rice wine all over the fish; place fish on top of the spring onions & lemon slices
4) Boil a pot of water for steaming
5) Once water in the pot is boiled, place the plate of fish into the steaming rack and steam fish for 10mins
6) Open the lid of the steaming pot and pour the sauce all over the fish, put the lid back on and continue to steam for just 1 minute
7) Turn out the fire immediately after 1 min is up (this is to prevent the fish from over cooking).
8) Sprinkle parsley leaves to garnish the dish and serve
*Check out Pauline’s Grocery Haul at Mamabliss to gain more ideas on what to cook for daily dinners.