Thai Basil Chicken2012-02-24
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
250 gram of minced chicken
4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
2 shallots (finely chopped)
1 1/4 tablespoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon kecap manis (sweet black soy sauce)
1 big bunch of Thai basil leaves (stems removed)
4-5 chilli padi(i mixed red n green)
2 dashes ground white pepper(black also can)
2 tablespoons oil
Prep and Cooking Instructions
- Add oil into a heated pan, follow by chopped garlic and shallots.
- Stir fry the garlic and shallots until aromatic, then add the minced chicken meat into the wok.
- Use the spatula to quickly stir-fry and break the ground chicken meat into small lumps.
- When the chicken meat turns whitish, toss in the chilies and the seasonings (fish sauce, sugar, and sweet soy sauce) and continue to stir-fry.
- Add in the basil leaves and do a few quick stirs until the basil leaves are wilted and you smell the fragrance of the basil leaves.
- Sprinkle two dashes of pepper powder into the dish, do a final stir, dish out and serve immediately.
Submitted by Angelin Goh, a Munch Ministry member.
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe