- 1 block silken tofu (for soup), diced into 2cm cubes
- 2 corn cobs, chopped into segments
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, rinsed
- 1 egg, beaten not too finely
- 3 chicken carcasses (you can use a mixture of chicken carcasses and pork ribs)
- 250g pork ribs
- 3-3.5L water
- 3 cloves garlic (leave skin on)
- 5 small dried scallops
1. Place the chicken carcasses and pork ribs in a pot with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil then remove the chicken bones and ribs and place them in a soup bag.
2. Place the garlic (and dried scallops if you’re not consuming them) into the soup bag as well. Tie up the soup bag.
3. Place the soup bag of ingredients together with corn cobs into the 3.5L water in a deep soup pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for a couple of hours at least.
4. When soup is ready, remove the corn cobs and soup bag.
5. Add the corn kernels and boil for about 5 minutes.
6. Add the tofu and boil for another 2 minutes.
7. Swirl the beaten egg in, cover the pot and turn off the flame.
8. Serve in 5 minutes after egg has set.
Crab meat may be added but I didn’t as my little boy was only 15months old at the time of writing this recipe.
Recipe shared by Angeline Ng
Bio : Angeline Ng
Angeline is a stay-home mom to two lovely children who have given her new insights to life as she now finds herself on a journey of re-discovery of the world through their little eyes. She’s a firm believer of providing home-cooked goodness for her family and blogs regularly about cooking, home-learning activities and parenting. You can find her at Simply Mommie and on Facebook.