VALRHONA CHOCOLATE CHIFFON CAKE
Egg Yolk Batter
70g valrhona cooking chocolate
6 egg yolks
80ml milk (I used chocolate milk instead.)
60ml cooking oil
1/2 tsp chocolate paste (bought from sunlik)
110g cake flour
20g valrhona chocolate powder
3/4 tsp baking powder
Egg White Foam
6 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1. Boil chocolate with milk over simmering water until chocolate melts. Leave aside to cool.
2. Sift flour together with chocolate powder and baking powder.
3. To make egg yolk batter, combine egg yolks, cooking oil and chocolate paste, cool chocolate mixture in a mixing bowl. Flour in sifted flour and chocolate powder until batter is formed.
4. To make egg white foam, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until mixture forms soft peaks. Gradually add in sugar, beating at high speed until frothy and stiff peaks form.
5. Gently fold beaten egg white foam into egg yolk batter until blended.
6. Pour batter into ungreased tube pan. Bake in pre-heated oven at 170 degrees C for 45minutes or until cooked.
7. Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cooled then unmold