- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
(A – sieve them together)
- 400g plain flour
- 50g icing sugar
- 250g butter
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon of water
1) Sieve plain floor and icing sugar together.
2) Dig a well and add in butter, egg yolk & water (mix well)
500g White Lotus paste (or any other flavour to your liking)
Pumpkin Nuts (瓜子) toasted.
Walnuts (To be pressed at the side of the mooncake)
1) Mix white lotus paste & pumpkin nuts together and mix well. the more u knead the paste, the more oil it will release from the lotus paste. (which will smoother & taste better).
2) Once you mould the mooncake, brush the top with egg yolk.
3) Preheat oven @ 160 – 180degree. (depending on your oven.
4) My oven @ 175degree. Bake till golden brown (approx 10-20mins) also denpending on your oven.
Note: I love to buy the lotus paste from Kwong Siang Tai @ Geylang. They got lots of flavours and most important, it’s not too sweet as compare to PH.
Number of pieces depending on how big u want it to be. And also depending on your own preference to have thicker or thinner skin or lotus paste.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe