- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
2 large eggs
125g castor sugar
125ml milk, at room temperature
125ml vegetable oil
1/3 teaspoon vanilla essense
150g plain flour, shifted (scoop out one 1tbsp from it & put aside)
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1tbsp dark cocoa powder
1. Combine flour & baking powder in one bowl.
2. Combine egg & sugar in another bowl & beat until colour turns light & creamy.
3. Add in milk, oil & vanilla essense and mix well.
4. Add in the flour mixture into wet mixture.
5. Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions.
6. Keep one portion plain, add in the remaining 1 tbsp of flour & mix well.
7. Add cocoa powder into another and mix well.
To Assemble :
Scoop 1 spoon of plain batter into the middle of the pan, then add another spoon of cocoa batter onto the center of the plain batter.
IMPORTANT! Do not stop and wait until the previous batter spreads – KEEP GOING! Do not spread the batter or tilt the pan to distribute the mixture. It will spread by itself and fill the pan gradually. Continue alternating the batters until you finish them.
See photo above of how it looks like before putting on stove.
To ‘bake’ in HCP:
Put on low heat for 10-15 mins, then flip the pan & bake for another 5 mins.
Do make sure the top part of cake is dry before flipping.
Recipe submitted by Jessey Chuah, a Munch Ministry member.
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe