We are thrilled to have with us Charlynn Gwee in our ‘Bake With’ column . She runs a beautiful baking blog, My Baking Cottage that truly inspires! You can learn more about Charlynn in her bio at the end of the post.
Second feature in the Bake With Charlynn series is
• 3 medium eggs
• 65g castor sugar
• 1tbsp honey
• 1/2 tsp pure vanilla bean paste
• 80g plain flour
• 40g ground almonds
• 1/2tsp baking powder
• pinch of salt
• 75g unsalted butter (a little more for greasing)
1. Melt butter in a microwave
2. Combine flour, ground almond, baking powder, salt. mix well & set aside
3. Beat eggs with sugar, honey & vanilla bean paste until light & airy
4. Fold in dry ingredients till fully incorporated
5. Gradually whisk in melted butter
6. Pour batter into a piping bag, leave to rest in the refrigerator for anywhere between 2-24 hours
7. Preheat oven to 185°C. Generously butter the pans and refrigerate for 15mins
8. Pipe batter onto mould and bake for 10-15 mins depending on the size of mould.
Bio : Charlynn Gwee
Hi, i’m Charlynn and am currently a final year business student graduating in May. Apart from studying, i’m also a freelance photographer & “part-time” home baker. Baking is my thing but i love cooking too! It just came together one day and it instantly hits me!
Being passionate about what i love makes me hungry for knowledge & that’s what drives me to experiment with different ingredients, techniques, reading up & watching countless videos . Joy from people who loves my food brings me great satisfaction!